You get this dreaded message on your Medtronic MiniMed 670G:
“Do not Calibrate. Sensor Updating.”
You know that chances this will mean that you have to replace your all-valuable sensor when it is all said and done. I have not had so much luck with the “updating” part. Almost always the story ends with “replace sensor.”
In most cases the sensor updating message comes on because I have entered consecutive meter BG readings that the sensor does not like.
What i do when i get the “sensor updating” message
To salvage my current sensor this is what I do:
- Very carefully remove the tape and completely disconnect the transmitter.
- Charge the transmitter once again.
- Turn-off the sensor option under Options>Utilities>Sensor Settings.
- Remove the transmitter from the charger.
- Turn-on the sensor option under Options>Utilities>Sensor Settings.
- Reinsert the sensor and start a new connection and go through warmup under
Options>Utilities>Sensor Settings>Sensor Connection>Start New Sensor.